Show reviews that mention
products foundation limelight customer service customer beauty makeup order service money
Showing 8 of 103 reviews Clear filter
Filter review

Limelight By Alcone - Money

2.8
I am a beauty gueid wanted to see if I can get money back

why would you make a complaint on a review website instead of reaching out to the company?? This doesn't seem like the place to get your money back. I don't think Limelife is monitoring this site.

@PissedConsumer1736959

Probably she contacted the company and didn't get any help and that's why she is here. and the company isn't monitoring this site but you are and for sure you are going to tell them about this complaint.

View more comments (1)

Limelight By Alcone - Not good

2.5
I watched a limelight guide on facebook for months before I purchased any. I looked at reviews and everyone said the foundation was awesome. So I bought the foundation, concealer, brush, and translucent powder. I was so excited to get it! Finally it came in and I tried it on. I hated it. It had good coverage but not like everyone said it would. It came off on EVERYTHING. Wouldn’t stay on my face. Not satisfied. I get the same result with my cheap foundation from Walmart.

Jennifer, you can but Limelife reformulated their foundation to be paraben free. So that formulation of the foundation is exclusive to Limelife, RCMA doesn’t carry it.

@PissedConsumer1533273

it still sucks

You can also get what they sell cheaper from RCMA directly. Limelight is a reseller. They don’t make their own stuff.

View more comments (2)
Limelight By Alcone Foundation
3.0
My face broke out due to a product I ordered that Shannon Tavernia of Schenectady Ny said I could use on my face and gave sample of creme of the crop. I mentioned my concern and she said that was normal while skin adjusts, so I ordered full size. When asking questions...

email me I use to work with Limelife, I found something amazing missy0953@aol.com and it’s not saturated yet, the company just started in the United States and booming!

Limelight By Alcone Cream

Limelight By Alcone - Yes and No

2.5
I love the skin care line. What’s not so great is you have to guess from online pics what colors are like...not good. I ordered blush and it was NO PIGMENT only glowing sheer I don’t even know what, but it certainly wasn’t blush! I’ll be sending it back. Lipsticks and glosses, meh...blush meh....BUT is the face wash, moisturizer are amazing, plus they use all natural everything. I LOVE their mascara. Nothing else in my opinion is worth ordering as you really need so see the colors in person to make a purchase that you’ll be pleased with. Don’t like that there’s little to no product description.
Limelight By Alcone Lip Gloss
Not as described/ advertised
3.2
All in all I have been pleased with the the Limelight products. I particularly liked One Drop Wonder. However, the ridiculously thin material the one drop wonder bottle is made from will keep me from purchasing it again. It is so thin that the slightest bump can...

IT's no coincidence their most expensive products are in poor packaging. Frequent breaks = more purchases.

ID
#1207298 Review #1207298 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Limelight By Alcone One Drop Wonder Body Oil
Pros
  • I like by beauty guide
Cons
  • Product packaging for one dop wonder
Fragile container that One Drop Wonder is sold in
Loss
Preferred solution
New packaging so I can continue using this product

Your trust is our top priority

• 100% user-generated content
  • Professional automated and live moderation
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Equal Opportunity and Protection
  • Verified content

Resolved: Limelight By Alcone - Lied to by the beauty consultant

2.6

Update by user Feb 16, 2019

Fixed.

Original review posted by user Jan 06, 2018

Made the mistake of just ordering the foundation without thorough research. When it arrived I tried it not looking at the ingredients. I removed it and started looking more at the packaging and was curious about what was in it. There is a paraben which I'm extremely against. I have been told by my fertility doctor to not use anything containing parabens due to the possibility of estrogen interruptions. Extremely upset that I spent $60 on a foundation and eyeliner that I can't use. Also the packaging is so cheaply made. It's cardboard, no mirror, and has a magnet to closure. Seriously!?

Did they refuse to accept a return?

To be clear, the skincare line is the all natural, chemical free, leaping bunny ,etc..... The makeup is just pro makeup.

It is not ALL paraben free. Just most of it.There is a 30 day no question money back return policy. The foundation is only $36 dollars. You must have gotten the concealer, too.

It is wise to check the ingredients before you buy a product if you have an allergy of some kind. Since it is wax it sits on TOP of the skin and does not soak in, but I understand not wanting to use it.

This is not toxic, but it is also not for everyone. I wish you would have taken advantage of the return policy instead of being bitter and *** talking a good product just because it didn't work for you.I also don't understand why the eyeliner is unusable just because the foundation has a paraben in it.

Unfortunately, there are people who rely on the WORD of others, instead of doing their research. So the product was not a good fit for you.

You should have done your homework since you are AGAINST certain chemicals. Instead you relied on someones opinion, even though they represented the company. People are people......some will tell you ANYTHING to get you to buy. You got someone who was either uneducated on the product they were selling, or they fell into the same situation you did.....they took the WORD of someone else without doing their homework.

I'm going to try the products because I have looked into them and if I do find they don't work or me, I'm not going to blame anyone; I'm going to send it back because there IS a Money Back Guarantee. Everyone is made up differently.

Some will love it and some won't. That's the way it is.

More nontoxic makeup: Mineral Fusion, Beauty Counter, W3LL People, Lily Lolo, Vapour organic beauty, Honest Beauty, Just the Goods, RMS Beauty, Fat and the Moon, John Masters, Acure Organics.

Nontoxic makeup companies: Young Living, Pure, Posh Beauty, and http://www.thegoodtrade.com/features/18-natural-organic-makeup-brands-your-face-will-love-you-for

Why by other companies' makeups through Limelight when you can get them cheaper through said companies?? The point of an MLM is to be UNIQUE, and in that uniqueness don't most make their own products?? I've never heard of an MLM selling another company's wares.

@PissedConsumer1423078

Actually it’s pretty smart and much safer than buying cosmetics from a company that just decided one day to pump out bad formulas. The products are trusted by actual makeup artists and have been tested and used for a very long time.

That is why you will find the products to be superior quality. Some of these have only been available to professional makeup artists and are now available to everyone. The skincare is all their own. The makeup formulas are being changed to be paraben free right now Too and already some of the foundation shades are without parabens.

The eyeshadows are paraben free as well. Limelight’s skincare is harsh chemical free, leaping bunny certified (much better than simply “cruelty free” as there is an actual process and Set of guidelines to get the leaping bunny approval.) I am a makeup junky through and through and I would much rather be using products I know are formulated by actual beauty brands with knowledge of makeup quality and standards vs a company who wanted to create a direct sales model and saw a gap in the marketplace and went to a factory to have them start pumping out products for the Sake of filling that gap.That’s dangerous because the products become inconsistent and “hit or miss”.

Limelight was first and foremost a brick and mortar store in NYC for professional MUA only. There’s no “miss” with a company using formulations decades in the works of quality control and mastering their formulas.

Nothing, NOTHING is chemical free. Limelight by Alcone skincare is " harsh" chemical free.

Meaning there are no added chemicals.

Water is a chemical solution. There is nothing that is completely chemical free. I've been using the products over a year. My skin couldn't be better.

And the paraben you speak of in the Foundation actually comes from a natural chemical found in aloe. Researching ingredients and getting your information on exactly where each one comes from does a lot of good when picking out new skincare or makeup products. If you don't like the products don't buy them . They don't deceive anyone.

It states clearly on the website on each individual product what they contain.

Limelight by Alcone doesn't teach the reps to lie either. So if a rep told you otherwise that's on her or him not the company.

@PissedConsumer1421628

I am so happy you responded with facts. I joined Limelight honestly, just to purchase all of the skin care as a dear friend swore by them, especially one drop wonder.

Limelight doesn't lie about what is in the products.

I also can't get enough of Bamboo Renew and Forty Cure Creme! Healers!!!!

@PissedConsumer1421628

Savvy Minerals is chemical free

View more comments (28)
Resolved
Limelight By Alcone Foundation
2.8
I love the limelight facial cleanser and moisturizer and was so excited to try the new eye aspire. Shortly after use I had red patchy spots that started to appear that look similar to eczema breakouts. I've never had eczema or dry skin and the only new product I had...

Eye Aspire has Carrageenan in it. I am allergic to carrageenan and had a horrible allergic reaction to it a few years ago.

Carrageenan makes my skin dry out and makes it like crepe paper.

It causes paper-cut-like lesions in my skin. I think you may have had a reaction to the carrageenan in the product.

Limelight By Alcone Eye Aspire Serum

Limelight By Alcone - Customer service

3.0
First let me say I am IN LOVE WITH THIER PRODUCTS I USE THEM ALL JUST ABOUT EXCEPT FOR THE FOUNDATION. THE EYE SHADOWS ARE AMAZING..THE FINISHING SPRAY INCREDIBLE BUT I ORDERED A EYELINER IN FEB I STILL GOTTEN... AFTER I SPENT 45 ON HOLD THE VERY NASTY CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT TOLD ME SHE SHOWS IT DELIVERED ...I WOULD HAVE TO GO TO POST OFFICE ALL OF THEY WERE HOLDING IT???? IF NOT THEY NEED TO GET IN TOUCH WITH THE TRACKING COMPANY THEN WRITE A LETTER TO LIMELIGHT ...I SAID FOR A $12 EYELINER ARE YOU SERIOUS??? SO THATS THE END FOR ME OF PURCHASING EVEN THOUGH I LOVE THE PRODUCTS.....NASTY SERVICE..I WOUKDNT WAIT 45 MIN TO TRY TO GER A FREE A $12 EYELINER
Livia

I'm sorry for your experience. Are there anything I can help you with?

@Livia

Seriously "are there anything I can help you with" Grammar!

@PissedConsumer1330264

THESE are the kind of people who hawk this crap!

View more comments (2)