Show reviews that mention
products foundation limelight customer service customer beauty makeup order service money
Showing 13 of 103 reviews Clear filter
Filter review

Limelight By Alcone - Worst mascara ever

1.5
This is a buildable fiber mascara. I didn't notice much flaking, but you really have to build for it to look decent. (I'm talking like 5 coats.) Not for me....
Limelight By Alcone Mascara

Limelight By Alcone - Horrible Customer Service

2.0
I ordered the dream clean face wash a little over a month ago but ended up not liking it. It was too harsh for my face. So, I sent it back with the exchange form included in the package to exchange it for the quench cleanse. I sent it off less than 30 days after I had received it, and I tracked my package and it told me it was delivered on April 30th. I haven't heard anything back from them telling me my new face wash is being sent to me. I emailed them last Monday and this previous Monday about it and haven't gotten a reply, I also have called them and every time I am left on hold for a while. I left a message and a phone number to call me back at and have not yet heard anything from them. Their customer service is horrible. I also know a few people who ordered their concealer and they keep pushing the shipping date back. I feel like they are way over their heads in this business.

doTerra has an awesome skincare line plus essential oils if you grow tired of this tired company ‘lielife’

I was with this company during 2017 and, even though a lot of their products are good quality, it's not worth their aweful customer service. You might as well consider it a loss. I replaced their products with other better companies.

View more comments (1)
Smithtown, New York
Limelight By Alcone Customer Care
Cons
  • Customer service
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Limelight By Alcone - Scam!!

1.5
I recieved my product and as soon as it came in, i realized it didnt match. I asked to exchange it and was lied to and told i would recieve a shiplling label etc...(they dont even provide shiping labels anyway. After that i was ignored for weeks. After the "beauty guide" had been lying to me i contacted the compay by email to figure out a return. It took several days to get a response. They asked for my order number and i provided it. They called today on a friday while i was working( not sure why theh couldnt email) and told me it had to be shipped by sunday.... Um thanks thats actually impossible to do. It seems like a scam. They just didnt want to return the product.
Livia

Limelight by Alcone offers a full 30 day money back guarantee. It sounds like you didn't make the 30 day deadline which is why customer care stated you had until "Sunday".

I've had zero issues on returning anything which has only been once... but the 30 day guarantee is there with no questions asked.

@Livia

I actually told my beauty guide the day I recieved the product that I wanted to return. She told me she had a shipping label and kept putting it kff. That's a lie, you pay return shipping.

View more comments (1)
ID
#1206865 Review #1206865 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Limelight By Alcone Customer Care
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
1.7
Yesterday our CEO told us about the details of our global expansion w/the help of the partnership of L'Occitane (they own 60% now). As it was building excitement about hearing where we were going & when, sounded great until they told us that there will 2 launches per...

The requirements you listed are incorrect. The requirement was $5000 in lifetime sales, not monthly sales. Recruiting was opened in a stagger pattern, with those meeting the requirements able to recruit first, not exclusively.

View more comments
ID
Cons
  • Executive beauty guides
  • Beauty guides
  • Corporate policies
Work Experience or Job Application

Limelight By Alcone - Not worth the price

2.4
I tried the Enduring lip color and while the color was pretty it didn’t last very long on my lips before it started to crumble and look crusty. The foundation was meh, I got maybe a low medium coverage out of it. And it slid around and transferred quite easily.
Limelight By Alcone Enduring Lip Color Lip Gloss
Bad quality

Your trust is our top priority

• 100% user-generated content
  • Professional automated and live moderation
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Equal Opportunity and Protection
  • Verified content

Limelight By Alcone - Allergic reaction

1.8
Limelight By Alcone - Allergic reaction
I just tried their gentle moisturizer and it irritated my skin instantly. Itching, red, hives. Not pleasant. I have also tried the foundation and it was also garbage.

Is this is leaping bunny certified 'gentle' moisturizer? "It just means another needs to be tried." Yeah ok maybe some people don't want to be burned twice.

Better companies with better products out there to try.

Nothing with Alcone worked for me, and they don't make their makeup but are instead a 3rd party supplier of other companies' makeups. What a scam.

Senai

Marilyn Costa; I wear the foundation/makeup all the time and it wears fabulously! Has excellent STAY POWER, looks just as good at the end of my 10 hour day as the minute I put it on!!

If it looks unnatural to you then there is too much being applied. It takes very little to get excellent coverage.

If a skincare product didn't work out, it just means another needed to be tried. I can't use the Calm Balm.

But that doesn't mean all products are crap. I just stopped using it and found the Sotoks works much better for me.

@Senai

I am 54 with dry areas. Cannot use anything to oily. Would you recommend this moisturizer?

Limelight is makeup and such for those in big bright spotlights. To wear this stuff outside of that is unnatural just like people who wear it on tv and in the movies look unnatural, like a wax figure.

I tried their facial scrub and face lotion and broke out terribly. The Beauty Guide blamed it on me.

@PissedConsumer1403488

What facial scrub & moisturizer did you use?

@PissedConsumer1403568

Skin polisher and skin therapist.

@PissedConsumer1406142

Skin Polish is to be used 1-2x per week to exfoliate. Not to be used daily. This would cause anyone to break out

View more comments (6)
Limelight By Alcone Foundation

Limelight By Alcone - Okay product, overpriced, *** team leaders

1.6
Limelight By Alcone - Okay product, overpriced, *** team leaders
I did limelight for a little bit and has a bad experience. People on my team and not on my team were kind of rude. Any way, I quit quickly but what I found out is they are price gouging their products. You can find the exact same foundation from RCMA website for $23 and more in the tin than you can get from them for $36. That’s a $13 dollar increase in price for less product. I’m not sure about other products they seem a little better, eye shadow seems over priced too. You can get Lorac or morphe shadows for a way better deal and they are just as pigmented. Also their shipping times suck. They strive to be a professional brand, than get professional and get people’s product to them.

I don’t care where morphe comes from?? I know that the product is just as good for a better price.

Go ahead and do whatever you want and talk rude to me, I was a customer, which means I have a right to express my opinion but your crap attitude makes me never want to buy your products again. I already researched it, Look it up yourself.

RCMA comes with a half ounce and limelight has 12g. Do the math.

@PissedConsumer1403098

I apologize for being rude to you. I just take offense when someone puts down a prestigious company with women who are working their tails off to provide and make a better life for their families.

Sure, you can get any product that a direct sells company sells. That's not really the point. The point is supporting your friend, or whomever it was that you bought LL from. You can get stuff that Pamper Chef sells from Walmart, or Scensty stuff from Walmart.

Just like makeup and skin care. There are so many different brands to choose from. Like I said the point is supporting that person and their dreams.

I do sincerely apologize for my "hot head!" I hope you understand this concept and take that into consideration. xx

@PissedConsumer1403622

No it's not all about supporting your friend's dreams. It's about making your dollar stretch, and exclusivity if you like a certain product.

and I can't find Rodan&Fields or Young Living or Posh or others at WalMart. Why? Because they make their products in house. Scentsy is overpriced and nothing special.

Same with Limelight products. Not all companies are like that.

Tylon

First off, Morphe eyeshadow palettes are made in China! Secondly how much is in the container from RCMA that you claim has "more" foundation, for a cheaper price.

I will research this and come back to your claim! I'm calling BS.

@Tylon

Morphe eyeshadows are amazing

@PissedConsumer1600328

Amazing Chinese garbage. Have fun with that.

@Tylon

The only BS here is you.

The top leaders are always doing those "tough love" videos to make everyone feel like they aren't working hard enough, when most of them only sell the minimum amount. They always talk a good talk & want everyone else to "buy their promotions" while they sit back & watch the numbers go up in their backoffices.

This is supposed to be a business. I do agree you need to support your business, buy & use the products in order to sell them, but to have these coaching videos telling people to go buy more than one collection...who's really making out here!

@PissedConsumer1396896

There are plenty of other MLM companies out there that don't do this. I've found Limelight's strategy to be an aggressive one.

I felt highly pressured.

I will sell and use at my OWN pace thank you. Also I found them to be deceptive in their 'all natural' claims.

@PissedConsumer1402920

Hi Denise, LimeLight's skincare products are all natural and chemical free. But the foundation/make up is not.

If you were told differently, I'm sorry. I'm sure not all the beauty guides are great leaders. The ones I am connected with are excellent. There was one I did not care for and I just left her group and deleted her as a friend.

I have found that I definitely can not compare myself to others.

I need to find my own rhythm and way of growing my business. :)

View more comments (13)
Limelight By Alcone Foundation
Pricing issue

Limelight By Alcone - Eyeshadows and concealer allergy

2.3
Both the concealer and eye shadow gave me awful, red blisters on eye area. Was really disappointed as I thought this was higher quality makeup. I'll be going back to my former makeup line, needless to say! You get what you pay for I guess.

I also got red blisters around my eyes and around my mouth from the limelight makeup, I am glad it wasn’t just me, I have to send it back

I had been using the one drop wonder, calm balm, and foundation since December and have loved it. I recently ran out of the one drop wonder and subbed some samples of must dew i had to help blend the foundation with my dry skin.

Since then I’ve had raw red eyelids and with dry flaky patches around my lashes. I don’t use the must dew on my eyes but that’s the only difference.

A friend of mine had the same reaction but used different limelight products. Ugh!

I have never had skin problems with other makeup— I got the concealer and foundation, along with the primer spray for Christmas last month and within a week of using the product I have burn like rashes on my eyelids and brow bones . Love the product but it’s really huting me... guess this stuff isn’t what all it’s cracked up to be.

View more comments (2)
Limelight By Alcone Concealer
Bad quality

Limelight By Alcone - Watch OUT!!!

2.0
So this is the deal. The shipments are late because majority of the products aren't ordered in a timely manner. Express orders, and orders over $200 be missing products and everything. How do I know, because I am a former employee. The managers have absolutely no structure. They hire and give sell employees dreams. There is absolutely no room for growth. I use to process orders that was to be shipped out in March in May. Mind you, some of the orders was express. It takes almost two to three months for some of those products to come and customers orders are then put on back order and/or shipped without the product that they ordered. The management they have in place now allow some employees to come into work and leave whenever they please. I know some folks who are still there who are seeking work elsewhere because they also have been lied to as well. I hope all you folks receive your shipments in a timely manner. Oops!!! I think the reason it takes so long because it is being manufactured straight out of China.

They lie to their prospects about recruiting too. They'll tell you anything just to get you to join.

Beware of them throwing around "Strategic Placement" which is to help move people around in your downline to help others promote, usually a leader promotes. You might be moved under someone you don't get along with or someone who isn't helpful. Once you're moved you stuck there & can't move again. If anyone is moved under you, same thing.

Theres also no guarantee these people who are moved are going to sell/recruit. It's pointless.

Senai

And the products are NOT manufactured in China!! Wow.

Senai

This is absolutely NOT true!! Myself as well as my customers have received anything they order within just a few days, like 3-5 days!!

I had an issue with ONE of my orders, the eye shadows were all broken.

They processed my new order immediately and I had it within a week. and I did not have to send the broken ones back!!

LMAO you hit it---China! Read their makeup ingredients???

Makeup should be good skincare, and their skincare has minimal ingredients albeit no toxic ones for too high of a price. At least with Young Living or Origins or Alba or any of those other nontoxic lotions, creams, etc you're getting a log list of ingredients.

Ordered Sotoks & received One Drop Wonder which is a more expensive item. Reached out to customer service about this & they said I needed to return the One Drop Wonder & then they would sent me Sotoks.

They sent me an empty box with nothing in it.

I complained & kept on them, I still have no resolution. I should have kept my mouth shut & kept the One Drop Wonder, know I have nothing & they were paid.

well, it's true about the missing item. I spent $340 and the eyeliner was missing.

my consultant put in for another one and I still didn't get it. called them today and got some script that was being read to me and told me I need to file the claim with post office.

your *** job of putting my order together and then lying that it was included on the order form isn't my job to make a claim with the mail people. she basically told me to take care of it before they could make it right.

and I didn't get her name, because she said it to where I wouldn't know who she was. the packing person stuck the eyeliner in her pocket.

@PissedConsumer1398066

This kind of customer service is exactly representative of the entire company's philosophy. Hope you look elsewhere for your makeup and skincare needs.

#1381965

It's actually not true that they are manufactured in China. Please don't make up lies.

View more comments (7)

Limelight By Alcone - Shipping time

1.9
Decided to use free shipping. Ordered April 1st and still have not receive a ship date! First time trying the products & even if I like what I ordered will not use. Because making customers wait three wks for free shipping is Bad Business!
Limelight By Alcone Shipping Service
Problem with delivery

Limelight By Alcone - Lip color/Gloss - poor quality

2.1
Besides the fact that it took over 3 weeks to get a tube of lip color and lip gloss, they do not answer emails...or if they do it's 2 weeks later. I have spent hours waiting on hold when i tried calling. The direct consultant/friend who I purchased thru was very helpful & apologetic for shipping delay, but apparently she and I have totally different lip color expectations. If you are looking for lip color that stays on, this is not for you. Does not compare in any way to Lipsense or even Cover Girl Super Stay 24. Even applying only one thin coat, it comes off on your straw, the side of you glass/cup, your finger (if you touch your lips) etc. I had to reapply immediately each time after drinking, eating, etc. This is not a Color-fast/long lasting product. Even worse with the gloss that is sold to go with it. Application is thick and fudgy...not smooth. I was dissatisfied despite trying different things recommended to me by the consultant and ended up returning within my 30 days for full refund - which is still pending. I wish the product had lived up to what i was expecting based upon the information I gathered provided prior to purchase. Will not be purchasing further Limelight product.

I agree nothing like my $7 tube of covergirl that truly doesn't budge. It comes off on EVERYTHING

I am a Lipsense rep if you are interested in this product. It does not burn your lips off.

The gloss seals the color in & tingling goes away immediately. Color lasts 4-18hrs

@PissedConsumer1427699

I love Lipsense but OMG, its burns like a mother!!!!!

#1381969

I would rather have lip color not last too long then have my lips burning off from the Propyl Glycol they put in Lipsense :(

@PissedConsumer1381969

Yes but if you buy it for its staying power, that is what you want

@PissedConsumer1397535

The vanity of some women willing to put themselves in harm's way to change the way they look is mind blowing

@PissedConsumer1433241

Spot on!

@PissedConsumer1381969

Totally with you. Young Living has some nice lip gloss and lipstick.

Pure Haven does too.

Posh Beauty also. No harsh chemicals

View more comments (7)
Smithtown, New York
Limelight By Alcone Enduring Lip Color Lip Gloss
Pros
  • Direct local distributor
Cons
  • Product not as described
Not as described/ advertised
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Limelight By Alcone - Shipping Service Review

2.1
I am very upset that I still have not received an order placed on April 2nd. First, I was misled by the Beauty Guide that advertised and encouraged customers to use free shipping but never shared that it was delayed shipping. Furthermore, as a customer, it is very frustrating seeing a beauty guide receive incentives by mail but it's been 21 days and I haven't received my order. I'm tired of the same story that they've grown. Hire people! Customer service should be #1!

I'm sorry for what happened to you concerning your order. You are correct, your Beauty Guide should have informed you of the delayed shipping.

You should have received an email when you ordered your product giving the shipping window time frame. There were huge back orders from that time period and it was very frustrating for everyone. As for the incentives that your Beauty Guide received, like so many people out there who are either customers of the company or apart of the company as a direct seller, the back orders also effected consultants as well. She may have gotten her incentive months before and was just getting them.

I am sorry about what you have experienced.

It is not the goal or desire of any Beauty Guide, within Lime Light to be dishonest or to harm the customer in any way shape or form. I hope that customer care was about to help you out further and was able to resolve your matter.

Limelight By Alcone Shipping Service
Problem with delivery

Limelight By Alcone - Enduring Lip Color Lipstick Review from Vallejo, California

1.6
I saw limelights products on instagram, being used by a makeup artist who also sells the products. I ordered an enduring lip color. Shipping took 7 days, which was so so. Packaging was not that great, just a plain manilla envelope, no tissue or bow or anything special. Product itself was pretty dry and thick. It may just be the formula though. The color payoff was great, but it did leave marks on my cup after drinking. I returned it and got no email or phone call and finally after two weeks i emailed them asking for my refund. They said they emailed me before and they did not. Then they credited my account right then. I told them i was unhappy, they did not apologize whatsoever. I told them it was my first and only experience with them and probably my last. Their customer service needs fixing.

The foundation is full of toxic ingredients, and call it 'botanical.' Helllllo! LOL

I'm sorry about your experience. Is there anything I can do to help?

Foundation is crappy...not worth the money whatsoever!

@PissedConsumer1298892

Hi there. The foundation is not applied like you would apply just any foundation. There's several videos that demonstrate how it is applied.

@PissedConsumer1298892

As this is Professional Cosmetics, there is a different way of applying. What problems did you have?

Please let me help you.

Prolashinaflash@gmail.com

@PissedConsumer1345647

It’s makeup not rocket science. Shouldn’t be so stressful or difficult

View more comments (5)