3.2K views
1.2
Turnaround Time

I signed up to sell Limelight by Alcone.I was successful making sells and gaining customers.

Just 30 days into signing up the backorders started. My customers and myself had to wait months to get the products. I waited 3 months to get a black eyeliner pen. Customer service was rude and they never followed through with fixing any wrongs.

Then all the foundations were on backorder. Instead of fixing these issues they continued to launch new products and change packaging. Then the freeze for any new Guides because they where sinking fast. The founders kept posting videos on how out of control they knew all these issues with back orders and customer service were.

It was too late in my opinion. The products were good. A little pricy for my taste, but you can't sell something that isn't available to buy. My customers lost faith in the company.

I have 2 former customers to this day that never received items nor did they ever get a refund from the company. Then 3 months after I left my Enroller began bullying me for openly telling other people about my experience. No matter how good their products were the company is a complete disaster. The women that are actually making a decent income bully and lie to their teams to keep their numbers up.

Limelight has scammed so much money from reps and customers by not sending anything after making a purchase they should be investigated and shut down entirely! Limelight was the worst and most corrupt Direct Sales Company I have ever worked for.

Stay clear of this company at all costs.Hopefully they will be forced to stop doing direct sales.

Comments

The only folks making money in multi level marketing are those who started on the 'bottom' of the pyramid!The prices for cheap manufactured products that contain harmful to humans and the environment ingredients is shameful!

Their marketing costs more than the products ingredients!What you put on your body should be as clean and safe as what you eat!

I bet you wish you would have stayed now!n

to kdub32 #1402916

Bet she's glad she didn't.

Hooks08
to Dubsuk #1404252

So glad!

Hooks08
to kdub32 #1404251

No!Still the best decision I ever made.

LL is still the shadiest company I've ever worked for.

My former sponsor still a bully.No regrets at all.

to Hooks08 #1404664

I hear you gal! You go! Best thing ever did was not get too far in and got the heck out.

Hi, I also had similar issues :( And this was last year.Things were backordered and I was never told this because apparently THIS GOES FOR ITEMS IN THE KIT TOO.

I'm medium toned, and I received the DARK kit. When I called care, after being on hold for almost an hour, the guy...gawd, what was his name. Patrick? Was so snooty, rude, curt and snarky all rolled up in his delightful righteousness told me, they do not replace kit items.

I'm not a black person. He said, just order the colors for you. I said, how, they are backordered? He literally SIGHED on the phone and said, there's nothing I can do.

Silence. I hung up.I send in my immediate termination via email not even a month in. I was immediately booted from this upline, that keeps bragging about her business. Her name starts with an "L." She never reached out, never asked how I could help, nothing.

Just kicked me out. I wasn't making money for her greedy butt, so I guess I never mattered. All she does is flaunt and brag about how much money she makes but only favors the ones that make her the most money and sells the most, recruits the most. What a joke.Too bad, the products are pretty decent.

Upline is the horror you hear about on blogs now. She is the PRIME example of one. And guess what? Her makeup technique is so horrible anyways!

But she's making her $$$, that's all that matters.She brags and brags about how she left Younique for this opportunity, however, it's very obvious that her self-centered self hasn't changed!

to In the Bad Limelight Palmdale, Florida, United States #1356234

She only hit Black Status with Younique once so it's not like she was one of the real top leaders at Younique because she wasn't.I read straight through her and Limelight Ceo's and Leaders.

They try and control all their Beauty Guides by manipulating their minds. They actually believe celebrities use their makeup when the fact is some have actually done makeup for celebrities but didn't use Limelight by Alcones makeup. The Alcone store provides makeup to production companies for theatrical makeup not everyday makeup. Someone is going to sue them sooner or later.

Kinda remind me of a Cult or Scientology group the way they manipulate their minds. Their focus in training is how to control someones thought process. They make up excuses for anything that happens. L has been making up excuses for her bad skin and why their products don't work for her since she been there.

She constantly lie on her lives and even posts. Her older son obviously doesn't live with her and she pretends he does. The 2 other founding Beauty Guide Leaders don't even work. They don't even know how to be leaders and bounce off of L and C for ideas.

And don't let me start on the cooperate dude who wants to be an inspirational Speaker so bad. Really all yo have to do is go through his timeline and you know he's out of his league. He was good managing the store applying makeup. I remember some of his first lives he was mimicking L's lives so bad it was ridiculous.

The whole leadership over there is FAKE! L and C can't stand one another. They are constantly in competition against each other and their leaders on their teams. Both of them want to be like A from the Y company.

Their beauty guides constantly report each other to compliance because of jealousy. I say both of you did good getting out while yo could. I'm a person who doesn't do DS but thought about it and did my research before I did and quickly changed my mind.

No wonder you hardly hear any of them saying do you research.It's a big MESS!!

to Anonymous #1369948

Nope BG report things that are against policy bc we are a professional brand so when people choose to not follow policies and procedures and try to make the rest of use look unprofessional you may get reported to complainace.

to Anonymous #1397664

It amazes me with all the complaints against LC & CK that they keep them around.Yes they are top executives but with all the bullying & mean girl talk going on they are actually losing beauty guides.

And yes, the bragging about how much money they make & taking pics of their big new homes, new cars is really a turn off. I don't ever see other top leaders in other companies doing that. Sometimes being humble is better. One lady who was an executive leader quit last spring because they bullied her.

It didn't end there as she was professional & kept her business to herself w/o involving others. LC & CK kept going after her. In fact LC wrote a very damaging letter to the CEO of her full time job complaining about her. She was fired from that full time job, which she also lived in TX & was affected by the storm.

Her family had to move out of the home they were in & start over somewhere else. I think she did find another job, but she's not doing direct sales anymore.

Can't blame her.She should have seeked legal action for what was done to her, & for no reason but maliciousness!