Show reviews that mention
products foundation limelight customer service customer beauty makeup order service money
Filter review

Limelight By Alcone - Shipping time

1.9
Decided to use free shipping. Ordered April 1st and still have not receive a ship date! First time trying the products & even if I like what I ordered will not use. Because making customers wait three wks for free shipping is Bad Business!

Limelight By Alcone - Customer service

3.0
First let me say I am IN LOVE WITH THIER PRODUCTS I USE THEM ALL JUST ABOUT EXCEPT FOR THE FOUNDATION. THE EYE SHADOWS ARE AMAZING..THE FINISHING SPRAY INCREDIBLE BUT I ORDERED A EYELINER IN FEB I STILL GOTTEN... AFTER I SPENT 45 ON HOLD THE VERY NASTY CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT TOLD ME SHE SHOWS IT DELIVERED ...I WOULD HAVE TO GO TO POST OFFICE ALL OF THEY WERE HOLDING IT???? IF NOT THEY NEED TO GET IN TOUCH WITH THE TRACKING COMPANY THEN WRITE A LETTER TO LIMELIGHT ...I SAID FOR A $12 EYELINER ARE YOU SERIOUS??? SO THATS THE END FOR ME OF PURCHASING EVEN THOUGH I LOVE THE PRODUCTS.....NASTY SERVICE..I WOUKDNT WAIT 45 MIN TO TRY TO GER A FREE A $12 EYELINER
Livia

I'm sorry for your experience. Are there anything I can help you with?

@Livia

Seriously "are there anything I can help you with" Grammar!

@PissedConsumer1330264

THESE are the kind of people who hawk this crap!

View more comments (2)

Limelight By Alcone - Lip color/Gloss - poor quality

2.1
Besides the fact that it took over 3 weeks to get a tube of lip color and lip gloss, they do not answer emails...or if they do it's 2 weeks later. I have spent hours waiting on hold when i tried calling. The direct consultant/friend who I purchased thru was very helpful & apologetic for shipping delay, but apparently she and I have totally different lip color expectations. If you are looking for lip color that stays on, this is not for you. Does not compare in any way to Lipsense or even Cover Girl Super Stay 24. Even applying only one thin coat, it comes off on your straw, the side of you glass/cup, your finger (if you touch your lips) etc. I had to reapply immediately each time after drinking, eating, etc. This is not a Color-fast/long lasting product. Even worse with the gloss that is sold to go with it. Application is thick and fudgy...not smooth. I was dissatisfied despite trying different things recommended to me by the consultant and ended up returning within my 30 days for full refund - which is still pending. I wish the product had lived up to what i was expecting based upon the information I gathered provided prior to purchase. Will not be purchasing further Limelight product.

I agree nothing like my $7 tube of covergirl that truly doesn't budge. It comes off on EVERYTHING

I am a Lipsense rep if you are interested in this product. It does not burn your lips off.

The gloss seals the color in & tingling goes away immediately. Color lasts 4-18hrs

@PissedConsumer1427699

I love Lipsense but OMG, its burns like a mother!!!!!

#1381969

I would rather have lip color not last too long then have my lips burning off from the Propyl Glycol they put in Lipsense :(

@PissedConsumer1381969

Yes but if you buy it for its staying power, that is what you want

@PissedConsumer1397535

The vanity of some women willing to put themselves in harm's way to change the way they look is mind blowing

@PissedConsumer1433241

Spot on!

@PissedConsumer1381969

Totally with you. Young Living has some nice lip gloss and lipstick.

Pure Haven does too.

Posh Beauty also. No harsh chemicals

View more comments (7)
Smithtown, New York
Limelight By Alcone Enduring Lip Color Lip Gloss
Pros
  • Direct local distributor
Cons
  • Product not as described
Not as described/ advertised
Full refund

Limelight By Alcone - Shipping Service Review

2.1
I am very upset that I still have not received an order placed on April 2nd. First, I was misled by the Beauty Guide that advertised and encouraged customers to use free shipping but never shared that it was delayed shipping. Furthermore, as a customer, it is very frustrating seeing a beauty guide receive incentives by mail but it's been 21 days and I haven't received my order. I'm tired of the same story that they've grown. Hire people! Customer service should be #1!

I'm sorry for what happened to you concerning your order. You are correct, your Beauty Guide should have informed you of the delayed shipping.

You should have received an email when you ordered your product giving the shipping window time frame. There were huge back orders from that time period and it was very frustrating for everyone. As for the incentives that your Beauty Guide received, like so many people out there who are either customers of the company or apart of the company as a direct seller, the back orders also effected consultants as well. She may have gotten her incentive months before and was just getting them.

I am sorry about what you have experienced.

It is not the goal or desire of any Beauty Guide, within Lime Light to be dishonest or to harm the customer in any way shape or form. I hope that customer care was about to help you out further and was able to resolve your matter.

LimeLight by Alcone

1.2
decided to try the foundation, it was so thick and cakey and I love full coverage foundations. The foundation settled in my fine lines and LOOKED HORRIBLE in natural light. My husband asked me to go wash my face. I am a certified MUA and know how to do make up. I hope it works for others, but for myself, it's a no go. NEVER AGAIN, and it took FOREVER to receive it! Customer service was HORRIBLE. I support Direct Sells, I do, however I just can not get over LL customer service. I tried the enduring Lipstick and was not a fan of it either!! Guess I will be trying different DS brands!

you may have found something you like by now, seeing as this was forever ago... but if not, try out Arbonne!!!! love love love everything I have tried from them!!

I found the foundation to be difficult and complicated and fussy. It seems like you can't make the foundation "work" without all the other products like primer, powder and finishing spray.

Good marketing plan, bad for consumers. Plus, when I took my makeup off at the end of the day, there was no foundation on my makeup remover wipe.

That tell me that my foundation did not last through the day. To my it's not worth the hype or the hassle.

Senai

you probably needed to mix the foundation with a moisturizer. and use a lot less. Sounds like you used way too much.

Cru

The foundation is high pigment, there is no need to pile it on as you would any other foundation. There is a beauty sponge - the Blenderful and a foundation brush sold by Limelight that is recommended to use with this foundation.

You can watch many YouTube tutorials made by Limelight beauty guides to guide you. This foundation shouldn't have been cakey when applied correctly.

Just to help inform, I'm a professional mup artist in the film, tv & commercial

Industry for almost 30 yrs. the foundation is not wax based , the concealer is..

Both are in most professional kits, for years & to this day.

The Alcone company ( parent company to Limelight, is very well known & respected throughout the industry.Limelight has been growing fast so there will be some bumps in the road..the people behind limelight are good , honest people who care about their reps & customers. I speak from years of experience w them.

The foundation is wax based. A tiny bit goes a long way.

Its meant for stage make up.

I hate their customer service. I will never buy from them again.

View more comments (5)
Limelight By Alcone Foundation

Limelight By Alcone Makeup Review

I've had much the same experience, order was not fulfilled and unable to contact to resolve the matter. I returned items that were sent and filled out there return form and still no credit after 5 weeks! I finally disputed the charge with my credit card so I hope they might get it resolved. Beware and go elsewhere!!!!!
#1320865

My experience is the same. Took my money without sending products.

I am very upset that I still have not received an order placed on April 2nd.

Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Limelight By Alcone - Business will take your $$ and not fulfill orders!

1.3
I went to a Limelight party two months ago!! and ordered foundation, lipstick, and eyeliner. My best friend ordered over $200 in skin care and makeup. I just received the lipstick a week ago and I cannot get their customer service to return my calls. Odd, too, that your account funds are deducted immediately, and their 30-day guarantee is a joke since they consider it from date of purchase, yet no one can get their products in that time, and when they do -- only a small portion there. Their beauty guide was snippy with me when I told her I wanted a refund, and so then I asked how she could feel good about plastering her paycheck on Facebook after so many of her friends had their money taken for products not only not delivered, but with no response or acknowledgement from customer service. Many of us are looking into getting an attorney, but people should be warned -- this company is taking people's money and providing no products in return.
Senai

when was this? What year?

Back in March 2017, I was a beauty guide. It started off nice until a number of things went sour.

When my sponsor was promoted she suddenly passed me off to another beauty guide without telling me why. Then the orders were getting screwed up. Tons of backorders lasting months. I ordered samples.

Never got them. I ordered over $100 of products. Never got them even though the tracking number showed it was delivered. I told my sponsor only to be told that maybe my order was stolen from my doorstep.

How is it that I receive other packages yet this one order from Limelight was possibly stolen? Either way, I never got my order and lost over $100 of products! Another time the company screwed up another order, sending me items for another beauty guide in another state! I did the honest thing and contacted her to tell what happened.

Since at this point I didn't trust the company to send her order back to them, instead I mailed the order directly to the beauty guide at my expense. I have tried their mascara but don't like it. It seems they changed the packaging and the formula for that. I also tried the wax foundation that came with my kit.

I don't like putting wax on my face. I ended up going back to using Younique makeup. Within 3 months I quit Limelight.

To this day I still have not received my other orders. I would not consider rejoining this company and paying annual fees on top of monthly fees.

#1320862

I am very upset that I still have not received an order placed on April 2nd. First, I was misled by the Beauty Guide that advertised and encouraged customers to use free shipping but never shared that it was delayed shipping. Furthermore, as a customer, it is very frustrating seeing a beauty guide receive incentives by mail but it's been 25 days and I haven't received my order.

I ORDERED MY KIT IN THE BEGINNING OF FEBRUARY AND 2 MONTHS LATER GOT THE 4 ITEMS THAT WERE MISSING. THEY WERE QUICK TO TAKE 9.95 OUT OF MY ACCOUNT AND WHEN I RESIGNED FROM LIGHTLIGHT THEY TOLD ME THEY COULD NOT REFUND MY 9.95.

I AM GOING TO ALL SOCIAL MEDIA OUTLETS AND SPREAD THE WORD NOT TO GET INVOLVED IN THIS COMPANY.

POOR SERVICE AND CUSTOMER CARE IS AWFUL. REQUESTED THIS MORNING AT 9:30 AM FOR SOMEONE FROM CORPORATE CALL ME AND AS OF NOW NO ONE HAS.

@PissedConsumer1317467

Also, I just noticed that when you go to their FB page, they have disabled all 'visitor posts'. That to me is shady. They don't want people reading the negative reviews.

@PissedConsumer1317467

Do you know that the new warehouse was moved in to, the customer service is filled with highly trained individuals, rarely do things go out of stock, I get items within 3-4 days from order date on regular shipping, and and all of the kinks are worked out? Sometimes a little patience pays off.

I'm sorry that you are caught up in the hyper growth and your Neautu Guide didn't explain things to you! It is affecting everyone, even myself, as a beauty guide.

LimeLight's sales has exploded at a much quicker rate than was anticipated, causing all of the most popular items to go out of stock. This included the Perfect Eyeliner and Botanical Foundation. We are updated daily on out of stock fulfillment and your beauty guide should have updated you on this.

Customer service isn't intentionally ignoring your calls.

At the time there has only been 3 customer service agents. Corporate is currently training more and also in the process of moving to a bigger warehouse so we can readily have mor stock available.

I understand your anger about not receiving your products? As I am waiting on several items from February myself.

I mostly feel that you haven't been kept informed and I am truly sorry for that. Please feel free to email me so I can help make this situation right for you....jaw62616@gmail.com

@PissedConsumer1305388

Now that's a good rep!

@PissedConsumer1305388

This is so much crap and told again and again by companies who can't deliver as promised.

@PissedConsumer1399698

Don't take this review as current information Clara. None of this happens any longer.

There was truly a hyper growth that was unexpected and everything was done to get to the point we are at now. It is amazing and I am so glad we got through those 3 months.

View more comments (10)
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Limelight By Alcone - Limelight Botanical Foundation and LimeLight Perfect Mascara

1.2
When the rep stated the foundation is what the pros use little did I know it would be the pros use as in special effect makeup. This foundation is too cakey and only looks right when I take pics in the light. My husband thought I was playing a trick on him wearing the makeup on our date. Oh don't let me get started on the mascara. It has no length or volume and was real flaky. It was ***. No wonder I saw one of their reps offering to buy the fast lash for her customers because let her tell it Alcone does not sell to you if your not a Mua. I went to their website and could add it to my cart for much cheaper than she was selling it for and I'm not a makeup artist. Anybody can buy off of the alcone site and to my surprise they seel a bunch of products on the site that is NOT cruelty free. Besides Amazon sells it cheaper also. I realized after my purchase that the reps lie about everything. From the beginning of use what the pros use. They keep claiming these celebrities using their products that know nothing about them. I see a lawsuit in the future. I didn't get a chance to try their skincare but I will say the founder of pomefera oil was selling it for only .25 a once on their website a few months ago because I started to buy. It would've only $12.99. After further research I realize they don't even manufacturer their own products and buy from other companies to private label them.

what year was this??

Things have changed drastically in the 3 years since they began in Direct Sales.

Please name a celebrity or star that uses Limelight by Alcone. Be careful who you name because you can't delete your comment.

I smell a lawsuit coming real soon. This coming is behind the scene using celebrity names without their permission lying and claiming they use their products when in fact they don't! Most celebrities use name brand makeup. Heck Beyonce use Loreal and Nars!

The only time stars wear Rcma is for stage plays and movies. Only situations with lighting. Alcone is known for having great special effect makeup that is it!! Nobody wants to put wax on their face everyday with chemicals but beauty guides.

I'm glad I didn't waste my money on the skincare most of you beauty guides are using but still have acne claiming your skin is adjusting. Blah Blah Blah This company is a scam wake up!!!

@PissedConsumer1302700

My sentiments exactly. This company and its consultants are desperate o sell sell sell at all costs. Terrible products.

Actually , there are stars that use the lime light products AND the ALCONE products. So that would be false

@PissedConsumer1302235

NAME them and make sure they aren't getting paid to do so.

@PissedConsumer1406145

Anna Kemp uses it. She was in Trueblood, the Pitch Perfect movies to name a couple. She’s friends with one of our Beauty Guides.

@PissedConsumer1514483

. Oh my goodness we all better rush out and follow what these celebrities use because they’re so much better than we are.

View more comments (6)
ID
#1019119 Review #1019119 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Limelight By Alcone Foundation
Full refund

Limelight By Alcone - Customer Care Review

3.5
Placed an order 2/18/17 and it finally shipped today, 3/9/17. I sent an email asking about the hold up after two weeks. No answer was provided. I called four days in a row at various times, and received an outgoing message that said to call back during business hours (I called during business hours EST) or that they were experiencing high call volumes or please hold. I was on hold for 17 minutes during one call. Finally, I spoke to a human today. She said that there are only four people answering the phones. Obviously, they have grown to quickly to take care of their clients. I don't care how great this makeup is (IF it is), I will never order more.
#1320859

I had a similar experience to yours. I am very upset that I still have not received an order placed on April 2nd.

Furthermore, as a customer, it is very frustrating seeing a beauty guide receive incentives by mail but it's been 25 days and I haven't received my order. I have called and emailed for the last week and no response.

Hi. I just wanted to clarify our shipping times.

You actually received your order in the time frame. Flat rate shipping is 11 business days from date of purchase. You received your order in 14 days. 11 business days, then 3 days to receive.

The shipping time frame is listed when you order. Your Beauty Guide should have kept in touch with you as well. Even though you did receive your order within the time frame I will explain that February was a super growing month for us. We have since hired more Customer Care as well as other employees to cover our tremendous growth spurt.

I hope you consider to give Limelight another shot. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

The Mascare Brush needs to be different it does not add Volume!! Love it EXCEPT the Brush!!

@PissedConsumer1301348

The brush has since been updated

View more comments (3)
Poor customer service

Limelight By Alcone - Thieves

If you cancel an order - beware! You get what they feel like giving you back, instead of what you paid. Then emails to them go ignored. Bad, bad customer service! I have been attempting to get my money back since mid February and still nothing. I would never purchase from them again. The aggravation is not worth it. You would think that a new company such as Alcone would go above and beyond to make certain that their customers have a great experience shopping with them, but they don't. I can foresee this company will not be around long. I feel sorry for the representatives pushing their products and trying to make a living working for Alcone.
#1320869

TIRED OF "THE GROWTH" EXCUSE!! YOU ARE STEALING PEOPLE'S MONEY!!

I am very upset that I still have not received an order placed on April 2nd.

If there's anything I can do to help, please reach out to me.

breezystorms@hotmail.com

I'm sorry for your experience.

You are not being ignored.

We are in a hyper growth right now. We have grown over 40% each month since December.

@PissedConsumer1307341

All MLM companies say this. SO old and stupid and BS.

View more comments (2)
Limelight By Alcone Customer Care
Cons
  • Customer service
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Limelight By Alcone - Makeup Review

Way too expensive for what u get. Can buy same stuff at Walmart
Senai

No. You definitely can NOT buy the same stuff at Walmart. Wow.

I haven't tried Limelight, but I have tried Jane Iredale Cosmetics and Repechage Skin Care and they are far superior to Merle Norman, Estee Lauder, etc. These two companies use natural products, minerals and are skin-care makeup brands.

I disagree, I have not found foundation, concealer, or lip gloss that I like as much as theirs and I definitely haven't had concealer or foundation with this good of coverage. Just my experiences.

You're much better off getting microdermabration or IPL facials, they actually improve your skin. And you can get Groupon discounts for $35 treatments at the best places in your area!

Actually no you can't buy this quality at Walmart. Originally made for professional make up artists it's now available to everyone.

The price point is very equal to what you'd buy at Sephora or Ulta. Not Walmart or CVS. Because of the hyper pigmentation of their makeup you need very little so lasts quite some time.

Their skincare line is better than anything out there. Do your research.

@PissedConsumer1299425

Agree, Sue!!

@PissedConsumer1299425

NOT better than ‘anything out there.’ Do YOUR research. Wow. Follow much?

View more comments (6)
ID
#1012024 Review #1012024 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Limelight By Alcone Makeup
Bad quality

Limelight By Alcone - Enduring Lip Color Lipstick Review from Vallejo, California

1.6
I saw limelights products on instagram, being used by a makeup artist who also sells the products. I ordered an enduring lip color. Shipping took 7 days, which was so so. Packaging was not that great, just a plain manilla envelope, no tissue or bow or anything special. Product itself was pretty dry and thick. It may just be the formula though. The color payoff was great, but it did leave marks on my cup after drinking. I returned it and got no email or phone call and finally after two weeks i emailed them asking for my refund. They said they emailed me before and they did not. Then they credited my account right then. I told them i was unhappy, they did not apologize whatsoever. I told them it was my first and only experience with them and probably my last. Their customer service needs fixing.

The foundation is full of toxic ingredients, and call it 'botanical.' Helllllo! LOL

I'm sorry about your experience. Is there anything I can do to help?

Foundation is crappy...not worth the money whatsoever!

@PissedConsumer1298892

Hi there. The foundation is not applied like you would apply just any foundation. There's several videos that demonstrate how it is applied.

@PissedConsumer1298892

As this is Professional Cosmetics, there is a different way of applying. What problems did you have?

Please let me help you.

Prolashinaflash@gmail.com

@PissedConsumer1345647

It’s makeup not rocket science. Shouldn’t be so stressful or difficult

View more comments (5)