Show reviews that mention
products foundation limelight customer customer service beauty order makeup service money
Filter review

Makeup made my face swell

Limelight By Alcone - Makeup made my face swell
Applied foundation and soon after needed to take off becauseunder eyes started swelling and cheek too. Red and puffy.

So glad I saw your picture and others on here. Definitely not trying this makeup.

Professional (whatever THAT means) or not. I get paid more money than the celebrities who supposedly wear this stuff. I really do t understand why women feel that have to wear so much makeup.

It's so very sad to me. Men don't feel this way.

Prue, Oklahoma
Bad quality

Out of Stock an my opinion

3.8
I love the products. I honestly think the market is flooded and they have to many restrictions on the basic beauty guide trying to advertise business, but it seems certain ones get away with whatever. That being said- they should plan ahead when a product will be going out of stock and prepare in advance to have it available. Skin Care samples have been out for months and months, I've figured out the reason - beaury guides will order full product to make and send their own samples. Way more $$ for the company, trickery! Over all to me its a bad investment if you spend a dime over what you pay for the kit - that is actually worth the price, you need many many friends and family that will support you, you're sol without a support group that will continue to buy from you.
Senai

Limelight MAKEUP is NOT chemical free. Anyone who told you that is definitely wrong! But, the skincare line IS all natural, chemical free, paraben free, dye free, and cruelty free.

Too many products going out of stock, & even having to freeze recruitment for over a month was a huge red flag for me. Obviously they aren't running the company properly for this to happen.

Also, many of the beauty guides were inventory loading. Buying large amounts of products to have on hand to sell on the go.

Created a real scarcity problem. Leave some for someone else!

Meda

You're absolutely right. I learned the hard way that the products were not really toxic free.

Plus I hate the pressure selling and advertising. I quit Limelight and joined Young Living after my sister let me try her makeup--all Minerals and no toxic fillers. Plus they have essential oils and so MANY other products. I had no idea!

My sister's friend has a FB page named after her cat; it's called Alice's Oily Wonderland. This lady is awesome.

#1381972
@Meda

Jeez lady is it your sisters friend, your cousin, or your neighbor? My money is that it is really you. Why are you trying to bring other companies down in order to promote your own?

View more comments (3)

Social media

I will tell you the ones that sell Limelight are the most obnoxious and pretentious on Social Media. I don't know what your leadership tells you... But the talking of money, how they can make $50,000 in a month, the constant posts/videos and how they are a #bosslady is off putting. It comes across as demeaning to us women/mom's working a 9-5 job. A person trying to sell me a product Talking down to me is not going to get my attention. Actually you just lost a friendship. I highly suggest the company Recommends or even demands that you create a FB business page instead of pimping out your personal page. So, No I will NOT try this product.
Senai

They are just trying to help you get a real life and not have to work a 9-5 job! To be able to have your own schedule, be home with the kids/family more, and have a better quality of life.

Working for LimeLight has given me a new lease on life! And I don't even make that much money!!

I don't sell Limelight, but I do rep for another company, so my guess is that they are trying to have you join them so you can also be successful. It's definitely attainable for you to make 50-100k in a month. It doesn't come easy, it takes ALOT of hard work and time.

@PissedConsumer1399720

Excellent comment!

View more comments (2)
Poor customer service

My beauty consultant not getting credit for orders

Every time I order from Limelight my beauty consultant does not get the percentage they are promised. I click on the proper link, enter her info, hit the button connect and nothing. Third time it has happened, I am done with them. I have had larger orders and my beauty consultant never gets what she is supposed to. I think a girl by the name of Christina Carroll is grabbing them somehow and their company will not change it. Do not buy anything from Christina Carroll. This siASLNV M {{Redacted}} ght wants more words so here they are blah bah blah blah blah blahb ahjb alboi sg'pijawfv ocvnmfoe gnhwO
Senai

I always get my proper percentage. Maybe they were having some technical difficulties. They would make it right.

Limelight By Alcone Customer Care
Preferred solution
Give my order credit to the proper beauty consultant

False advertising

I'm concerned for women thinking they're using a natural bontanical foundation. It's full of toxic chemicals. A couple of the worst offenders! Cancer causing BHT & Paraben.
Senai

LimeLight does not promote their foundation and makeup to be chemical free!! The skincare line IS all natural, chemical free, dye free, paraben free and cruelty free.

But not the foundation and they do not say that!!

All their ingredients are listed on the website. No reason not to do your own research and see it for yourself!!

The 'beauty guides', and I use that term loosely, don't focus on the makeup ingredients; they focus on their other facial products hoping that you'll get confused and think that all they're products are 'safe' and bunny certified which they clearly are not.

@PissedConsumer1400422

Bravo!

There is NO reason to use toxins at all; many companies have proven this. Why choose 'less toxic' when you can choose 'not toxic.?'

Cru

Botanical means relative to plant. Limelight makeup doesn't claim to be all natural.

They use less chemical and many paraben free products.

Their skincare line is chemical free. The Botanical Foundation is waxbased and stays on the surface of your skin it is also non-comedogenic.

@Cru

Water is a chemical.

View more comments (5)
2.8
I love the limelight facial cleanser and moisturizer and was so excited to try the new eye aspire. Shortly after use I had red patchy spots that started to appear that look similar to eczema breakouts. I've never had eczema or dry skin and the only new product I had...

Eye Aspire has Carrageenan in it. I am allergic to carrageenan and had a horrible allergic reaction to it a few years ago.

Carrageenan makes my skin dry out and makes it like crepe paper.

It causes paper-cut-like lesions in my skin. I think you may have had a reaction to the carrageenan in the product.

View more comments
Limelight By Alcone Eye Aspire Serum

After careful research

L only hit Black Status with Younique once but pretends it was more than once. It's not like she was one of the real top leaders at Younique because she wasn't. I read straight through her and Limelight Ceo's and Leaders. They try and control all their Beauty Guides by manipulating their minds. They actually believe celebrities use their makeup when the fact is some have actually done makeup for celebrities but didn't use Limelight by Alcones makeup. The Alcone store provides makeup to production companies for theatrical makeup not everyday makeup. Someone is going to sue them sooner or later. Kinda remind me of a Cult or Scientology group the way they manipulate their minds. Their focus in training is how to control someones thought process. They make up excuses for anything that happens. L has been making up excuses for her bad skin and why their products don't work for her since she been there. She constantly lie on her lives and even posts. Her older son obviously doesn't live with her and she pretends he does. The 2 other founding Beauty Guide Leaders don't even work. They don't even know how to be leaders and bounce off of L and C for ideas. And don't let me start on the cooperate dude who wants to be an inspirational Speaker so bad. Really all yo have to do is go through his timeline and you know he's out of his league. He was good managing the store applying makeup. I remember some of his first lives he was mimicking L's lives so bad it was... The whole leadership over there is FAKE! L and C can't stand one another. They are constantly in competition against each other and their leaders on their teams. Both of them want to be like A from the Y company. Their beauty guides constantly report each other to compliance because of jealousy. I say both of you did good getting out while yo could. I'm a person who doesn't do DS but thought about it and did my research before I did and quickly changed my mind. No wonder you hardly hear any of them saying do you research.It's a big MESS!! Show more
Cru

The makeup is the only product that has not caused me to breakout and allows me to look flawless and feel makeup free. I'm sorry but I'm never using another product!

My Facebook is Charlie Marie Lowe-Mackey check out my face before LL and after.

It speaks for itself. Best ever.

#1381967

All you are doing is looking like a poor sport from Y that is jealous of others success. How sad for you!

Ladies let's lift each other up instead of tearing each other down.

Meda

The makeup is plain dirty. I don't know how people tolerate it.

@Meda

Dirty??? HAHAHAHA!

Nope, it definitely is not dirty! i wear it everyday all day and love it.

Yep! L and a few others below her are the reason why I quit!

She gave me nightmares!

I could not subject anyone to that kind of treatment. A lot of the other downline was super embarrassing too!

So if you aren't in direct sales...how do you know all about L and C?

Also L is pretty open about her older son.

She has a great relationship with his step mom. They all coparent. I don't think her personal life matters.

Curious, can you cite a source showing that L only hit black once?

And a source that show L and C hate each other?

I don't consider A to be something special tbh. She's tacky imo.

View more comments (5)
Limelight By Alcone Makeup
Cons
  • Product not as described
Not as described/ advertised

Poor Company

When orders are placed, they should be fulfilled in the order they are received. That is how business works. But please explain how other multiple "bigger" orders that were placed AFTER my order that contains the SAME things get delivered FIRST and mine hasn't even been shipped?! Instead it's been "about to ship" for 5 days straight?! Limelight sounded like a great opportunity and I spent a great amount of money to support the company as well as getting quite a few people to spend as well, but we are VERY displeased about the company. It does not seem fair at all that the first orders get put on the back burner while later orders get filled first then LimeLight "runs out of stock" on items, leaving the FIRST orders to have to wait even longer. I would've cancelled my order, but since the money would have already been taken from the account, the money return would probably be like the make up and take 6 months to get back! But explanations would be nice as to why this happens?! And when you call customer service to get answers only to be told tough luck they got 11 days and your on day 10; call back after 11; RUDE! I don't care how many days y'all have when others are getting their orders way before me when they ordered after me and they ordered the same stuff as mine. Something isn't ethical! Also, emailing them for answers doesn't help either! They don't reply!!! Will NEVER order or recommend them too! And my company I work stated they will not either!
Senai

They have improved on this entirely! Orders are not delayed anymore.

Myself and my customers get their products within just a few days of ordering! I watch carefully after each order is placed, and they products are usually shipped out the very next day.

Their delivery system has a lot to work on. ORDERS ARE WEEKS AND WEEKS LATE

Gypsies tramps and thieves... Cher wrote a song about them

View more comments (2)
Order processing issue

I'm glad I stayed!

5.0
I must admit when I first joined Limelight by alcone it was the first time I had ever been in direct sales. I joined in February and by the end of February everything had went out of stock when I got my kit there were several items missing that were on back order but that was okay I was freaking out because everything was out of stock and there was nothing for me to sell except for a little black box at the time lol. I was ready to give up on limelight I was ready to go back to what I was doing before which was being a regular everyday cashier at a job that I hated! But my husband insisted that I be patient he told me that if everything was out of stock that meant that the company's products must be great after using what was in my kit for the first couple of days people were telling me that my skin looked amazing and wanted to know what I was using I wasn't able to give out samples because those were out of stock too! However several other ladies who work at Limelight that were on my sales team were able to help me by sending me some samples in the mail I couldn't believe how everybody was willing and able to help me! Even when I was complaining and whining all the time about what a drag it was to not have anything to work with because it was all sold out! Finally by mid-april things started coming back into stock and I was making sales! My things that were on back order didn't arrive until the end of April but when I got them I was excited I had already tried several samples of the items that were back ordered from my kit. Every month I make more money than a month I did before I gained new clientele and I don't know why everybody is saying they're having a problem with customer service because I have had no issues whatsoever whenever somebody becomes my client and allows me to do my job as their beauty consultant I am able to make refunds and exchanges happen with no issues whatsoever! I know just about every member of the customer care team by name! I'm not saying that I never have any problems we have plenty of problems with people who order colors and insist that they know how to color match themselves instead of letting me do it for them, but I am usually able to get things taken care of by one simple phone call. The shipping used to be really really bad you never knew when you were going to get your product because everything was backed up. The shipping in the past couple of months has been phenomenal we now have flat rate $2.95 shipping I just placed an order on the 1st of July I recently received confirmation last night the 3rd, that my order was already shipping! That's pretty good for $2.95 so for everybody on here who was complaining about shipping and complaining about customer care yes between the months of February and may it was pretty bad ,but I think you should give Limelight by alcone another chance or at least give me a chance to be your beauty guide and make some phone calls and get your orders taken care of you don't have to buy anything from me, whatever you purchased if there is an issue all I have to do is make a phone call they will send you a form by mail or by email with that you can print out and send back with your item that you purchased that you weren't happy with I can't get you a refund if its been 30 days, but I can get you an exchange and they will Express Ship you that is three to four day shipping which usually cost $30 through Limelight for free! I really wanted to give up on limelight I really wanted to quit I was so upset with myself in the beginning because I thought I had made a horrible mistake but I didn't make a mistake I made a great decision because I no longer work as a cashier at the gas station anymore I run my own business and I help women feel confident and look better I help women who have psoriasis, eczema, rocasea, cystic acne and more issues feel confident and look better! So im sorry so many of you have had a bad experience but dont let that determine your future with limelight products.
Senai

I share with you in your comment! So happy you hung in there! It's a super great company and I love, love, love the products!

I agree. Its been a wonderful experience for me also and now things are shipping out the day the order is placed.

View more comments (1)
Limelight By Alcone Shipping Service

My order came in two days.

I ordered concealers, foundation, lip gloss, primer and calm balm and had it all in two days.
Fast order processing

Limelight by Alcone is Makeup Industry Makeup

4.8
Limelight by Alcone is Makeup Industry Makeup
Limelight Botanical Foundation is 50 % pigmented and waxed based. It is frangrance free, paraben free, lanolin free, and mineral oil free.. All of LimeLight products are Leaping Bunny Certified as well. Try applying it with a damp sponge for best application. As they say "A little goes a long ways" If you had a hard time you should of went to your beauty guide for advice and tips on how to achieve best results. Being a makeup artist you should place a primer on before applying your Botanical Foundation, LimeLight provides this as well. After you placed all your makeup on I suggest going in with The Perfect Pressed Powder for a great matte finish it will also prevent your makeup from getting into fine lines. I hope you can give it another go.
#1461910

Limelight is going paraben free in a month or so.. ***

Senai

The foundation is NOT paraben free. PROPYL PARABEN and I've researched it, although its not horrific for us, it can disrupt hormonal system.

>>>IPM, Castor Oil. Carnauba, Candililla, Ozokerite, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Propyl Paraben, BHT. Also May Contain: D&C Red #6, D&C Red #7, D&C Red #27, Cos.

Green, Cos. Blue.

@Senai

Oh is this the nontoxic makeup you're referring too? What part of this is nontoxic? Ever research about how nasty that synthetic coloring is?

Why can you find their foundation on Rcma website for $13 cheaper is what I want to know

@PissedConsumer1391003

There is one paraben in the foundation, which is plant based, that will not soak in your bloodstream. Do your research more thouroughly before putting a high end brand down.

LimeLight has RCMA manufacture the botanical foundation.

To be a direct sells company and have a Beauty Guide and professional advice, that is why is costs a little extra. It is about supporting a friend, a single mother working hard for her children, a person working for their dreams. The foundation is from RCMA, but if you purchase from RCMA you won't have a personal Guide to help you.

I guess it boils down to getting it from RCMA without guidance or consultation, or buying it from a Beauty Guide and having help with all of your Beauty needs. Among that, supporting someone's dream.

Shakara
@PissedConsumer1403562

High end brand? It's a mid range brand with mid range prices.

Maybe in your opinion it's high end, but market standards do not qualify LL as high end. I'm a former guide and after I did do my research is when I found out all the shady marketing strategies suggested by corporate and sponsors to gain sales. I'm putting the brand down because of my experience and research. I've been in DS for 20 years and LL is the most dishonest and shadiest company I've ever been with.

With all the shipping and backorders issues LL has had it also shows the lack of knowledge and experience from the CEO's. I don't mind supporting friends and family but when the average guide only makes $750 a year that defeats the purpose of helping someone out. I doubt that making $750 a year is someone's dream come true. They lie when they say you can be a millionaire or make $10,000 + a month.

Only 2% of reps make $50,000 + per year. Most of us know you bust your butt for a few hundred dollars in sales, then convince someone else they too can have it all. It's a vicious cycle of brain washing and lying.

Luckily not all DS companies think like this or pay their reps so little. Research any company before joining.

@Shakara

Well said! Couldn't have said it any better.

@PissedConsumer1391003

RCMA doesn't have a person trained to color match you for the right foundation. If you were curious as to what your color would be, they would send a small sample that would cost money and if it wasn't your color, then you're out that cost.

Also RCMA doesn't have the packaging like Limelight does. We also offer a 30 day money back guarantee and RCMA doesn't.I'd pay the $13 extra honestly to avoid having to pay more out in the long run, but that's just me.

#1461903
@PissedConsumer1438434

Limelight rcma foundation has 12 grams, and rcma has 14 grams and is cheaper than the limelight price, they are overselling it

What is in this "wax" ? You can't label it paraben-free if there's wax in it. It also most likely has phthalates in it.

View more comments (22)
Good quality

Worst customer service and communication

1.4
Wanted to find a dupe for my Gerda Spillman foundation that's pricey $59 for compact and I love it. Decided to give this a try with my rep. Asked a ton of questions to figure out color. Backordered for two months - when I finally got, it was about two shades two dark. I asked my rep if I could exchange for lighter and she said she'd look into it...Didn't sign up for auto ship yet one month later I was charged & shipped same exact shade. Contacted rep and attempted to return unopened box (gave up on my original request). Today, I got a return label but it said in the fine line of recipes my original request of 4/25 and I needed to return within 30 days unopened product... it's 6/2!!! How can I return something if I get the label over a week after the cut off time??? So sucky and such a scam

Limelight isn't a scam. Contact customer service again and explain what happened in a respectful and calm manner.

My experience has been they will help you. The company has had it's share of problems no doubt, but I know they are trying to make everything right again and are improving vastly. All new companies have problems in the beginning and have kinks to work out. I'm sure many lessons were learned on their part.

I wish you luck. :)

Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Limelight By Alcone - Shipping Service Review

1.1
9 days. Still no products shipped 3 emails no reply 2 phone calls .can't even give a message they are too busy.. Love my rep. Product better be amazing. . If you want to play in the big tent with others in this market step up Alcone I will mark hear from Co. Doubt I will. Sadly disappointed so far..
Order processing issue

Maybe it's just me...

1.1
I left Younique because a friend of mine solicited me about a new opportunity that many younique presenters were leaving for and it intrigued me. It was Limelight by Alcone. Without even trying any of the products (BIG IGNORANT MISTAKE), I signed up. Since I have medium toned skin, I chose the medium skin kit. Right? And the kit comes with half shades and such so I thought, perfect. I'm part asian, and mixed, so sometimes I'm lighter, and sometimes I get really tan. But not too tan. Anyways, anxiously wait for the "luxurious white box with a bow" as they describe it. I open it.......and...............discover that I only got ONE of the foundation shades out of 3. The other 2 colors were for the "dark" complexion. Um. what? The lipgloss and lip pencil were also not from what they said, the color were for darker people, like red, which looks horrible on me. Concealer, for black complexion. This must be a mistake, I thought? I can't even use this? And isn't that the point of getting a kit, is to be able to use it and sample it, and understand how it all works? One product was out of stock so I never got it. The skin care is a joke. I have combo skin and everything left my skin greasy and oily. What? I called care. Mentor told me they'd take care of me. No. They did not. They said, sorry, we don't replace kit products. I told them UM these colors are for darker skinned people. The guy was short, snarky and then just stopped talking. So I hung up. This is consultant care? I emailed them my immediate resignation and sold ALL OF THE STUFF on a popular re sell site and actually made back my kit money. Oh, and btw Limelight, your wax based foundation? Horrible. Dry, cakey and made me look like an OLD PERSON. No thanks. I'll go back to my dewy foundation is all natural by Arbonne, thank you. ALSO, misleading info. Director in group told ALL of us that ALL our products are Leaping Bunny certified. As a crunchy granola girl myself, this is now true, as I researched. ONLY THE SKIN CARE IS LEAPING BUNNY CERTIFIED AND NOT THE COSMETICS..........and since we're on that topic, it is not 100% that trace ingredients aren't tested on animals nor vegan.::OOPS::

Glad you saw the light, and it AIN’T LimeLight or LineLife or whatever else they call themselves.

I ordered RCMA makeup and it has the same shades and costs less than LimeLife

I would have to agree. I signed up with LimeLifebyAlcone (LimeLight) in March and just about everything I need to order is out of stock.

Any potential customers are completely turned off, they don't care if this is because we have just merged with another company.

If they can't get what they want and have to wait weeks for it, they move on to another product/company.Everyone says this is such a wonderful company but I don't see it. I still love their make-up but half the time it is out of stock.

@PissedConsumer1509208

You're right, I stopped using the foundation because Olive 2 is always out of stock.

You didn't have a monetary loss considering you resold all your products and made your money back. Just saying.

Yeah, I'm not buying any of what you said. Sounds like you're just trying to bash a company you know nothing about.Limelight by Alcone, soon-to-be LimeLife by Alcone, is one of the best companies to work for.

Limelife lemmonlife—-same thing. Robots

@PissedConsumer1470392

I am guess you sell limelight?

@PissedConsumer1470392

‘Brain injury’ Jill?. Diassociatebyourself.

They try to confuse customers into thinking their makeup is green bunny certified by touting their skincare. It would stand to reason that their makeup would be too, right???

Nope! They prey on people.

View more comments (29)
Limelight By Alcone Foundation
Cons
  • Ignored
  • Consultant care person i spoke to
  • Rejection
Loss
Preferred solution
My Review

Limelight By Alcone - Concealer Review

Got told by a rep the conclear should cover my dark circles and hasn't I ask for her to call company and refund but nothing and if I want to send it back I would have to pay shipping and not receive the shipping and tax from the conclear as well as the amount I been trying to email limelight and nothing the beauty rep doesn't try and help I am so frustrated and will never order ever again

For dark circles the best concealer to use will be used as a color corrector and not be the ONLY product you need. Some women have BAD dark circles (like myself).

Im fair skinned. I use concealer #3, which is peach based. The foundation goes over that. If you feel like you need even more at that point, which some women do, then a little more foundation in that spot or a brightening concealer should do the trick.

If you dont end up with a refund there are still ways to get use from the product. Your regular foundation should work over the concealer. I wish I could physically show you.

I used the concealer and foundation at my wedding and it was the best decision I could have made. So I am sad to hear of your frustration

@PissedConsumer1374692

I have the color correct concealer and it does nothing for my dark circles and when I very lightly tap the foundation over it, it makes all my fine lines & wrinkles under my eyes show up!! What a waste of money. All my beauty guide could say was “go watch some YouTube for help”.

View more comments (1)